Warm Winter Sipper: ZEN Green Tea Liqueur™ enlisted James Labe,
America’s 1st Tea Sommelier, to create a warm tea infused cocktail for fireside sipping. Try his signature Zen Chai Toddy and warm up from the inside out.
Zen Chai Toddy Recipe courtesy of ZEN Green Tea Liqueur™ and James Labe.
- 3 parts ZEN® Green Tea Liqueur
- 4 parts prepared Gold-Tipped Assam Black Tea
- 1 part Heavy Cream
- Chai Spices (per serving, approximately): 3 crushed Cardamom Pods or 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 1 slice Fresh Ginger
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Combine hot Assam Tea, Cream, and ZEN. Pour into mug and garnish with Cinnamon Stick.
- 2 To prepare: Combine 1 part cold and 5 parts boiling water to approximate180 degrees F.
- 3 Use 1/4 cup dry tea leaves to 2 cups hot water (1:8). Steep 2 minutes combined with Chai Spices.
- 4 Strain, reserving Cinnamon Stick(s), and chill.