Dr. Ruby’s Zesty Hummus, Hummus will quickly become a staple in your household! Put it in your appetizer line up for football season and beyond.
- 2 1/2 cups chickpeas (soaked for 24 hours, optional, drain and sit for 24 hours to sprout, rinse every 12 hours)
- 3 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2-3 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tomatillo (or substitute 1 small green or 1 vine ripened tomato)
- 1/2 bunch of parsley (optional, substitute cilantro)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2-4 tablespoons of water
- 1 Drain and rinse soaked chickpeas.
- 2 Add chickpeas and garlic to a food processor; pulse until chickpeas are chopped.
- 3 Add all other ingredients to food processor except water and olive oil.
- 4 Process until ingredients are well incorporated, add olive oil while processing.
- 5 Add water until desired thickness/looseness is achieved.
- 6 Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- 7 Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- 8 Garnish with chopped tomatoes; serve with fresh vegetables or gluten-free crackers.