The spice in this recipe accented the zucchini, the cranberries and the chocolate. These muffins are a perfect addition for your Sunday brunch or a quick breakfast on the run.
Recipe Courtesy of nofearentertaining.blogspot.com.
- 1 1/2 cups AP Flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 butter, melted
- 1 egg
- handful of dried cranberries
- handful of bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 Preheat oven to 350º
- 2 In a mixing bowl add the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder and nutmeg.
- 3 In another bowl add the sugar, zucchini, butter, and egg. Mix well.
- 4 Add the flour mixture and stir til just combined. Stir in cranberries and chocolate chips.
- 5 Fill paper lined muffin cups very, very full. Should make about 7 large sized muffins.
- 6 Bake for about 25-30 minutes, testing for doneness before removing from oven.
- 7 Allow to cool for 5 minutes then remove from pan to rack to cool the rest of the way.