This recipe is for Zucchini Noodles with Romesco Sauce is one in a series of previews from Chef Mareya Ibrahim’s upcoming cookbook, Eat Like You Give A Fork: The Real Dish on Eating to Thrive. Coming June 2019 from St. Martin’s Griffin.
Copyright © 2019 by Mareya Ibrahim and reprinted with permission from St. Martin’s Griffin. Photography by Teri Lyn Fisher.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 zucchini, cut with a spiralizer into linguine-shaped noodles
- 1 cup Romesco sauce (see recipe)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated pecorino cheese or other hard sheep's milk cheese (optional but recommended)
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or blanched almonds
- 1 In medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add zucchini noodles and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- 2 Transfer zucchini noodles to a bowl and add Romesco sauce. Toss to thoroughly coat noodles.
- 3 Finish with parsley and cheese. Twirl your noodles with zeal.
- 1 Preheat broiler or heat a grill to medium-high heat.
- 2 Broil or grill bell papper, tomatoes, and garlic until blistered with a bit of char and soft all the way through. Transfer the tomatoes and garlic to food processor. Stem and seed the bell pepper and add to food processor.
- 3 Add smoked paprika, cumin, salt, and olive oil. Process until smooth. Add pine nuts and pulse until combined, but nuts still have texture.
- 4 Store sauce in sealed container in refrigerator for up to 10 days. Toss it with veggie noodles or cooked proteins, or use as a dressing.