I had a great conversation tonight with a fellow COEX attendee, Steven Goldstein of Zerega. He said, “How can someone be in this business and not love food?”
My thoughts, exactly!
It would be a shame to waste all the innovation and creative food that was available during tonight’s reception on any non-lovers-of-food. And, I know there are some out there, some who consider the business of food merely that, a business. But I, and others like me, consider the business of food a passion, and count ourselves fortunate to be able to work in an industry that satisfies our passion for flavor.
It was set up in stations, with chefs in their whites and leaders in the food industry milling about, tasting and recommending the best bites in the room. While we didn’t taste everything, our Chief Culinary Officer, Judy Sipe, and I made our way around the room.
- Tagliatelle pasta, with Housemade Pork Meatballs, Heirloom Tomato Sauce, Pecorino Cheese and Fresh Basil. Rigatoni pasta. Fusilli pasta.
- Smoked Chili Crusted Striploin, next to Turkey a la Brasier
- Mini Grilled Cheese Lobster & Brie sandwiches, Black Truffle sandwiches, Braised Pork Sliders, Buffalo Chicken Sliders—on cheddar biscuits with ranch spread
- Crab Rangoons with Ginger Soy, next to Blue Cheese and Potato layered appetizers, which were next to Beet Bruschetta with Goat Cheese Spread and Tuscan White Bean Spread
- A row of desserts, starting with Oreos® and milk, Mini Butter Pecan Pound Cakes with Cream Cheese Frosting, Fresh Fruit Crostini, and Mocha Cupcakes with Mousse Filling
As you can see, any non-foodies at this event are a waste of perfectly good gluttony. Then again, after tasting a few of tonight’s specialties, perhaps anyone becomes a foodie.
See more Photos from COEX on Facebook.
Event Coverage Sponsored by IFMA