COEX (Chain Operators Exchange) is where foodservice chain operators and suppliers go for intelligence and insights on emerging industry trends.
Sponsored by the International Foodservice Manufacturers Association (IFMA) and chaired by Kevin Bechtel, Senior Vice President, Purchasing & Menu Development, Shari’s Management Corporation, COEX 2010 will take place February 28-March 3 at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes in Orlando, Florida.
Themed â€˜Menu, Value & Innovation: Consumers Rule!â€™ COEX 2010 features an impressive lineup of participants, panelists and speakers. In addition, COEX offers opportunities for foodservice operators and their suppliers to connect, interact and share solutions for mutual gain.
The Food Channel will be on-site to provide daily coverage, including news reports, video interviews, blogs, and LIVE tweets from the conference. This live coverage will be accessible through both foodchannel.com and the IFMA Web sites, enabling conference attendees to keep up with COEX highlights in real time while still engaged in customer networking and relationship building.
On the COEX Agenda
COEX 2010 offers some exciting new features that will foster increased operator-supplier interaction. This year’s receptions will feature interactive chef stations focusing on emerging trends, including miniaturization, premiumization, Korean flavors, and what’s new in the beverage arena. Also at evening receptions, chefs and industry experts will treat attendees to menu and beverage trend updates, replete with samplings. On the lighter side, costumed Universal Studio characters will be on hand for photo opportunities and entertainment.
Highlights include —
- Michael LaDuke, Director of Culinary Development, Red Lobster Food & Beverage, will share his interpretation of the industry’s most up-to-the-minute culinary trends. LaDuke and his team of Red Lobster chefs will prepare unique tastings highlighting innovative flavor and preparation trends. The chefs will highlight such fun topics as preparing cutting-edge, flavorful fresh fish dishes; driving menu success through use of the wood-fired grill and other innovative equipment; and reinforcing a restaurant concept brand by adding a new twist to a menu classic.
- Operator Speed Meetings. These meetings provide dialogue opportunities between foodservice manufacturers and operators representing emerging, regional and national chains. Similar to the concept of “speed dating,” manufacturers/suppliers move from table to table to hear about operators’ needs directly from those operators (15 minutes per table).
- Presentation of IFMA’s Regional Chain Excellence Awards
- The State of the 2010 Foodservice Consumer. Presented by The Hartman Group, Inc.
- What’s New in Menu Innovation. It’s Not a Pyramid, It’s a Curve. Presented by The Food Channel
- Small Business Tuneup: A Workshop to Fit Your Products Into Today’s Menu. Presented by IFMA’s Small Business Committee and The Kruse Company
- Obesity & Risk Management: What’s Next? Presented by Faegre & Benson LLP
- LTOs, Bundling & The Discounted Menu: Where is the Value in the Supplier/Operator Relationship? Presented by the International Corporate Chefs Association
- The Foodservice GS1 US Standards Initiative. Presented by GS1 US
- Menu Optimization: Driving Consumer Demand While Assuming a P&L Mind-Set Strategy. Presented by Technomic, Inc.
- Sustainability-Conscious Consumers Are Redefining Quality. Presented by The Hartman Group, Inc.
See additional stories:
Event Coverage Sponsored by IFMA
IFMA is a leading trade association comprising more than 300 of the world’s most prestigious food, equipment and supply manufacturers in the $588 billion foodservice industry, as well as related marketing service organizations, foodservice trade publications, distributors and brokers. IFMA’s mission is to shape the future of foodservice by creating an environment for positive change and actionable solutions benefiting manufacturers and their foodservice channel partners.