Talk to ten people at the Fancy Food Show and you’ll get ten different answers about the hottest trends and most interesting new products. What can’t be argued, though, is that the Show is the place to launch new ideas onto the market. So, here is a list of some of the new products that are getting attention, so you can see them here first!
1. Five new gourmet dips were launched by Robert Rothschild Farms for at-home entertaining. They include a hot wing dip madewith blue cheese, a dip made with a blend of tomato, dill, lemon and Worcestershire that works well blended with mayonnaise, a blue cheese, chives and black pepper dip, a Mediterranean dip with Kalamata olives blended with roasted red peppers, capers and spices, and one called a “Smoky Caesar” dip. For more information visit www.robertrothschild.com.
2. The Republic of Tea has introduced a calorie-free chocolate tea line with four herbal blends: Red Velvet Chocolate, Peppermint Chocolate, Strawberry Chocolate (limited edition) and Coconut Cocoa. Each has a base of South African rooibos, blended with all-natural cocoa powder, chocolate, fruit, herbs and spices. For more information visit www.REPUBLICofTEA.com.
3. Annie Chun introduced vegetarian appetizers–Organic Potstickers (Shiitake & Vegetable) and Mini Wontons (Spicy Vegetable). The new items are all-natural, with no MSG, preservatives or trans fats, and can be used as an appetizer, snack, or dropped into soup to create a meal. For more information visit www.anniechun.com.
4. The California Caviar Company introduced two infused salmon roes to their line of all-natural products. These latest exclusive additions – Gravlax Salmon Roe and BBQ Salmon Roe – are the first of their kind to the market. The company also introduced a line of caviar for children, called Caviar Kid. It’s a new line of products meant to introduce younger palates to caviar. A portion of sales proceeds will benefit organizations that preserve Blue Whale breeding grounds and other children’s educational programs. The two products are called “Fish and Chips” and “Fish Bowl” and each includes a child-sized caviar spoon, games and fun facts to teach kids about ocean conservation, and a choice of organic cotton Caviar Kid t-shirt or bib along with the caviar. For more information visit www.californiacaviar.com.
5. Mediterranean Snacks unveiled three new flavors for their line of Baked Lentil Chips: rosemary olive oil, parmesan garlic & creamy sweet pepper. They complement the three current seasoning options: sea salt, cucumber dill and sea salt & cracked pepper. For more information visit www.mediterraneansnackfoods.com.
6. Snapdragon Foods announced the introduction of its chow mein noodle stir-fry kits in four Pan-Asian flavors. The Chow Mein Noodle line features baked, not fried, noodles, and each package contains Snapdragon’s signature pan-Asian seasoning blends. Featured in the new Chow Mein Noodle line are four flavors: Balinese Sesame, Cantonese Tomato, Hong Kong Black Pepper and Roasted Peanut. For more information visit www.snapdragonfood.com.
7. M5 Corporation, an international fine food importer, announce an exclusive partnership with Vega Carabana of Madrid, Spain to bring to the U.S. for the first time an olive oil specifically created just for children’s diets. M5 and Vega Carabana are hoping to help change the way children eat in the US and help curb the growing obesity rate with the launch of PequeOliva.It contains more oleic acid than regular extra virgin olive oil and is high in Omega 3’s and polyphenols, all of which contribute to brain and nervous cell development. With antioxidants, vitamins A, D, E, and K PequeOliva reportedly stimulates bone growth, encourages calcium absorption, and bone mineralization. For more information visit www.m5corporation.com.
8. Tortuga Rum Cake Company introduced Chocolate Rum Turtles with Sea Salt as the latest addition to their expanding line of authentic Caribbean rum cakes, hot and savory sauces, rum flavored gourmet coffees, rum fudge and more. The latest is milk chocolate covered rum caramel patties with pecans and sea salt. For more information visit www.tortugarumcakes.com.
9. Crispy Green Inc. announced the addition of FruitziO Kiwi to its line of all-natural, 100-calorie FruitziO product line. Made with freeze-dried kiwi fruit slices and packaged in convenient pouches, FruitziO is designed as a way to add more fruit intoyour diet. For more information visit www.crispygreen.com.
10. Fizzy Lizzy introduced its first new flavor in two years: Tangerine Passion Fruit. Each flavor of Fizzy Lizzy is a blend of all-natural fruit juice and sparkling water. Fizzy Lizzy’s other flavors are Cranberry, Grapefruit, Pineapple, Yakima Grape, Fuji Apple and Raspberry Lemon. For more information visit www.fizzylizzy.com.
11. Wild Thymes Farm Inc. launched what they call a totally new category of globally inspired BBQ & GRILL Sauces. “Mama’s” Grill and BBQ sauces are available with names such as “Hot Mama”, “Smokin’ Hot Mamacita” and “Mad Moroccan Mama.” For more information visit www.wildthymes.com.
The Food Show, sponsored by the National Association for the Specialty Food Trade, Inc. (NASFT) is the place to launch new products for maximum visibility from retailers and restaurateurs who may decide to carry the product. Past Food Shows have helped launch such brands as Terra Chips, Perrier, Dove Bars and Walker’s Shortbread.
For more on the Fancy Food Show, see links below.