The Food Channel’s Jackie Fu demonstrates how to make Chinese Potstickers.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 batch (6-8) green onion, finely chopped, separate white and green parts
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 small cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 package round potsticker wrapper, thawed
- 1 cup of cold water for edge of wrapper
- Serving sauce: soy sauce and sesame oil
To make filling, put ground pork in a mixing bowl. Use flat beater at slow speed for 30 seconds. Without stopping the mixer add 1/3 of the chicken broth; after liquid is absorbed repeat until all broth is used.
Next, add egg and white part of green onion, oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt, sugar, white pepper, and ginger to the port. Mix at low speed until combined.
Add cabbage, carrots, and green part of onion to the mixture, and combine well. Then add sesame oil and combine well.
Now refer to Jackie’s step-by-step instructions by clicking on photo thumbnails on right. (You can choose from three cooking methods.)