Shake up your normal hamburger and use ground American Lamb instead!
This recipe for All-American Lamb Burgers combines the flavors of fresh ground lamb, balsamic vinegar, garlic, herbs and spices, resulting in a mouthwatering juicy burger that your guests will love.
Recipe and image provided by the American Lamb Board.
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground American Lamb
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon each ground pepper and dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
- 1 In large bowl, blend together lamb, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, garlic salt, pepper, and thyme. Cover and refrigerate allowing flavors to blend for 1 hour.
- 2 Form into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- 3 Grill over coals covered with gray ash 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- 4 Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato slices, and condiments as desired.