“You will love our organic, classic, cheddar cheesy All American Quinoa Mac and Cheese, accompanied by pasture-raised herbed turkey patties, an organic mixed green salad, and organic sweet peas with onions. Forget about the box with the orange powder – This is the real deal!”
It doesn’t have to be unhealthy to taste good. You can find more recipes like this one in Vibrantly Delicious’s new cookbook, Quinoa Mac and Cheese.
All of the recipes use Andean Dream Royal Quinoa Pasta, which is gluten- and corn-free, with a whopping 24 grams of protein.
- 1 (8-ounce) box Organic, gluten-free, Andean Dream Quinoa Protein Macaroni
- 1 (8-ounce) package Organic American Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 organic, hormone-free, egg
- 1 lb. free-range organic ground turkey
- 1 bag frozen organic sweet peas
- 1 bag mixed organic greens, pre-washed
- 2 cups fresh organic Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup lemon, fresh squeezed with pulp
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- 1 medium organic Spanish onion, diced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (+ 1/4 cup for dressing)
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- 6 cups water
- 1 In a medium-size saucepan, add 6 cups of water and bring to a boil on high heat.
- 2 When the water comes to a boil, add a splash of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Then add the whole box of the quinoa macaroni. Stir frequently so the pasta doesn’t stick, for 8 to 10 minutes until al dente (just a bit chewy). Make sure you keep checking it so it does not OVERCOOK or it will get mushy!
- 3 In the meantime, in a medium-sized bowl add ground turkey with 1 egg, 1 cup of the mixed, freshly chopped cilantro/Italian parsley, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper. Mix well and place in the fridge for 10 minutes so it becomes firmer.
- 4 Make sure to wash dishes and clean as you go. Keep a large, empty bowl on the counter next to you for garbage then dump into the main garbage, and keep your counter workspace clean. And make sure your dishwasher is empty or contains dirty dishes.
- 5 Preheat your burner to medium high heat, and spray your sauté pan with coconut oil cooking spray. Continue to stir the quinoa pasta so that it doesn’t stick together or overcook.
- 6 Add a splash of the olive oil to the heated sauté pan and sauté the diced onions until lightly brown. Lower heat to simmer.
- 7 Remove the ground turkey from the fridge and make the turkey patties small and semi flat. Place each one in the sauté pan, and cook 2 minutes on medium heat. Move the patties to the side of the pan and add the peas, and mix well with the onions. Cook for 2 to 3 more minutes, then remove from the stove and cover.
- 8 Drain the macaroni and pour into the sauté pan and add the coconut milk with herbs, salt and pepper. Mix well and cover, and keep warm on low heat on the stove top.
- 9 Rinse and wash your dirty pans, including any dishes, utensils and knives and cutting boards. Dry them and put them away.
- 10 In a large salad bowl, add the mixed greens, salt and pepper, olive oil and squeeze half a lemon. Mix well.
- 11 Finish by adding the second cup of fresh herbs and the whole package of the shredded American cheese to the cooked quinoa pasta. Mix well, and transfer to a serving platter.
- 12 Place your empty saucepan in the sink immediately and soak with hot water and soap! It’s time to serve and eat! VOILA! A four-dish meal in less than 30 minutes—and a spotless kitchen!