Almond crescents are a wonderful companion to afternoon coffee or tea.
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
Facts per Serving
Calories: 98 Fat, Total: 6g Carbohydrates, Total: 9g
Cholesterol: 12mg Sodium: 30mg Protein: 1g
Fiber: 0g % Cal. from Fat: 55% % Cal. from Carbs: 37%
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (about) turbinado sugar
- 1 Process almonds, flour and salt until almonds are very finely ground. Transfer to bowl. Cream butter and powdered sugar in processor until fluffy. Add extracts. Add flour mixture all at once and pulse just to combine. Chill dough about 1 hour.
- 2 Preheat oven to 300ºF and butter cookie sheet.
- 3 Shape dough into twenty 2 1/2- inch logs. Roll logs in turbinado sugar, pinch ends gently toward each other, forming crescent.
- 4 Place on cookie sheet, spacing evenly. Bake until just golden, about 30 minutes. Cool 5 minutes on pan and transfer to rack to cool completely. Cookies can be made 1 week ahead; store in airtight container.