This easy breakfast dish can also be made as a quick after-school snack. You can substitute a different type of apple or use almond butter instead of peanut butter. Try a honey varietal for extra flavor.
Recipe shared by the National Honey Board.
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut, shredded (optional)
- 1 Remove core from apples, slice and place on serving dish. Drizzle peanut butter and honey over apples. Sprinkle chocolate chips and coconut (optional) on top.
- 2 Serve to your favorite picky eater and watch them enjoy!