Pizza for breakfast? This upscale breakfast pizza features a naan flatbread crust, candied bacon, spinach, Gruyere cheese and eggs sunny-side up.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- Roasted Cinnamon Candied Bacon: 6 slices thick-cut applewood bacon
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection Roasted Saigon Cinnamon
- Breakfast Flatbread: 1 package (8.8 ounces) naan (2 pieces)
- 1 package (6 ounces) baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese, divided
- 6 eggs
- Black pepper, coarse grind (optional)
- 1 For the Candied Bacon, preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange bacon slices in single layer on foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake 15 minutes or until bacon edges begin to curl. Remove pan from oven. Carefully drain drippings into glass measuring cup. Set aside.
- 2 Microwave honey and roasted cinnamon in small microwavable bowl on HIGH 30 seconds, stirring after 15 seconds. Brush bacon with honey mixture.
- 3 Bake 10 minutes longer or until bacon is browned and crisp. Carefully drain any additional drippings into measuring cup. Cool bacon on wire rack. Break into bite-size pieces. Set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
- 5 Cut out 3 holes from each naan using 2-inch cookie cutter. Place naan on baking sheet sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon of the reserved bacon drippings in large skillet on medium heat. Add spinach; cook and stir 2 minutes or until wilted. Remove from heat. Add bacon and 1/4 cup of the cheese; mix well. Place spinach mixture evenly around holes on naan. Sprinkle spinach with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Place 1 egg in each hole, taking care not to break the yolk.
- 7 Bake 10 minutes or until egg whites are almost set. Remove from oven. Let stand 2 minutes. Cut each naan into 3 pieces to serve. Season to taste with pepper, if desired.