This chicken recipe is complete enough for any family meal. A unique sweet tart apricot sauce makes the chicken a fantastic pairing with the earthy taste of fresh steamed green beans.
Make sure to watch the full video for this apricot and sage infused chicken dinner for more Guru Tips!
- 2 large boneless & skinless chicken breasts; cut in 1/2 to yield 4 pieces (preferably free range)
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Apricot-sage sauce
- 2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon apricot jam (sugar free is fine)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage leaf
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Fresh green beans
- 1 Place a chicken breast piece in an unsealed zip lock bag and pound with a meat hammer until flattened (about 1/4 “ thick). Repeat with remaining breasts.
- 2 Rub with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with sea salt. Pan sear, turning once, over medium heat until lightly browned and cooked through. *Cook time: Approx. 3-4 minutes per side.
- 3 Place cooked chicken on an oven proof plate in a warm oven while you prepare sauce.
- 4 Apricot-Sage Sauce: Heat oil in a saucepan and add shallots. Cook over medium-high heat until golden.
- 5 Add jam, brown sugar, soy sauce, sage, wine, and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil.
- 6 Reduce heat to low and let sauce reduce to a thick glaze (about 25 minutes), stirring as needed.
- 7 Plate chicken breasts and spoon sauce over top.
- 8 Steamed Green Beans:
- 9 Place beans in a colander and rinse with cool water.
- 10 Remove tip ends of each bean by snapping them off.
- 11 Fill a shallow pan with 1/2“ water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 12 Place washed, trimmed beans in a steamer basket over the water and cover with a lid.
- 13 Steam for 3 to 4 minutes, checking with a fork . Beans are done when they are crisp-tender.
- 14 Remove steamer basket with beans from the pan, and place beans in a mixing bowl with a tablespoon of butter.
- 15 Toss to coat as the butter melts over the beans.
- 16 Finish with a grind of sea salt if desired.