Asparagus Crepes Recipe – Try filling these crepes with any of your favorite fillings.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
- CREPES 1 cup Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- SAUCE 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- FOR FILLING: 1 package (10 ounces) frozen asparagus spears, thawed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted (divided)
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Preheat a lightly oiled 7-inch skillet.
- 2 Combine Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, 1 cup milk and egg in a container of an electric blender. Blend until smooth.
- 3 Measure 2 tablespoons batter into skillet. Cook until lightly browned on one side. Repeat with remaining batter. Stack crepes between layers of paper towels until ready to fill.
- 4 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 5 Combine soup, mayonnaise, 1/2 cup milk and wine in a medium bowl. Measure out 1 1/2 cups and set aside.
- 6 Add asparagus, 1/4 cup almonds, onion and cheese to soup in bowl; blend well. Spoon about 2 tablespoons filling in center of each crepe. Roll up and place seam side down in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- 7 Pour reserved sauce over crepes. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until sauce is bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining almonds.