This chicken salad includes fresh ingredients and a ripe avocado as the serving bowl. A simple way to impress any lunch or dinner guest.
Recipe courtesy of Chinet.
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chopped orange zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh red pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, halved and diced
- 4 leaves radicchio
- 1 In a bowl combine: chicken, mayonnaise, orange zest, shallots, red pepper, and chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 2 Divide the salad between the two avocado halves, filling the cavity.
- 3 To serve, place 2 radicchio leaves on each serving plate and top with an avocado half.