Three favorite things: jerk-rubbed chicken, mango and salsa. This recipe for Jerk Rubbed Chicken Skewers with Mango Salsa is Stephen Curry approved, need we say more?
Recipe and image courtesy of National Mango Board.
For the Mango Salsa
- 2 cups mango, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, finely diced
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
For the Jerk-Rubbed Chicken
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cubed
- Skewers (soaked in water)
- 1 Combine all ingredients. Let sit and allow flavors to meld while you prepare the chicken.
- 1 Mix together the garlic, olive oil and the next 9 ingredients in a bowl. Coat cubed chicken well with the rub. Marinate for thirty minutes or more.
- 2 Skewer 4-6 pieces of chicken per stick.
- 3 Cook on a grill pan at medium high heat. Turn frequently to avoid burning. Cook for about 15 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 1 Plate the chicken on or off the skewer and spoon the Mango Salsa on top.