For a hearty Sunday Brunch that features fluffy hotcakes, sizzling bacon and golden eggs, you can add a Mexican touch to the menu by including Bacon and Egg Quesadillas.
Recipe courtesy of $5 dinners.com
- 6 strips of bacon
- 6-8 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 8 Tortillas, use natural corn tortillas for gluten free
- 2 Pears
- 1 Cook bacon in skillet on stove top. Remove and place on paper towel to drain excess fats. Pour most of the fat from the skillet.
- 2 Scramble eggs in skillet that you cooked the bacon in. This way you don't need to add salt, as it's already in the bacon. Might not be the healthiest, but its certainly the tastiest!
- 3 Place tortilla on cookie sheet, top with scrambled eggs, bacon strips and sprinkle cheese on top. Place another tortilla on top.
- 4 Bake at 300º for 10 minutes, until cheese melts and tortillas are slightly crispy.
- 5 Remove and slice quesadillas into quarters. Serve with salsa and sliced pears or other fresh fruit.