Miniature or full size, these sandwiches are layered with flavor, fun to make and perfect for a bagel brunch party. Just line up the herbed cream cheese, a selection of toasted bagels, the sliced vegetables and the salmon and let guests assemble their own.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons drained capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 to 6 plain, onion, poppy seed or whole wheat bagels
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced very thin
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound hot-smoked salmon, flaked
- Very thinly sliced red onion (optional)
- 1 In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, dill, chives, capers and lemon juice and mix well. Taste the mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- 2 Split and toast the bagels. Spread the cut sides of the bagels with the cream cheese mixture, using about 1 1/2 tablespoons on each. Arrange the cucumber slices in a flower pattern on top of the cream cheese on the bottom half of each bagel, placing 1 cucumber slice over the hole.
- 3 Divide the salmon evenly among the cucumber-topped bagel halves, then top with the onion slices. Close the bagels and press down gently to secure the filling. Serve immediately.