Fresh summer tomatoes and basil ribbons are tossed in a simple, but flavorful, balsamic dressing then spooned over warm baked Idaho® russet potatoes and drizzled with a balsamic glaze. A healthy, light and delicious meal that is vegan and gluten-free!
- 2 baked Idaho® russet potatoes
- 4 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced (about 1 cup sliced)
- 1 clove garlic, very finely minced or use a garlic press
- 6-8 basil leaves, stacked, rolled and cut into ribbons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish: 2 teaspoons balsamic glaze
- 1 Place sliced tomatoes, garlic, basil ribbons, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper into a medium bowl and mix to combine.
- 2 Cut a slit into the warm baked potatoes and fluff up the flesh with a fork.
- 3 Divide tomato relish between the two potatoes.
- 4 Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- 5 Serve immediately.