Spicy jalapeño peppers and zesty lime juice unite to pack a fiery punch in the Basilica Mexicana. An authentic Mexican toast to the day of tequila.
Recipe courtesy of CORZO Tequila
- 1 1/2 parts Corzo Reposado Tequila
- 1/2 part Green Chartreuse
- 1/4 part Agave Nectar
- 1 thin slice jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 part fresh lime juice
- 3 large basil leaves
- 1 In a mixing glass, muddle the pepper and basil in the agave nectar and lime juice.
- 2 Add remaining ingredients and shake well with ice.
- 3 Strain over ice into a rocks glass.
- 4 Garnish: basil leaf "flag" and jalapeno pepper.