Thyme richly accents the flavor of beef tenderloin steaks and transforms steak & portobello mushrooms into an elegant entrée all in one skillet.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Madeira or Port wine
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper, Coarse Grind
- 2 large portobello mushrooms (10 to 12 ounces), thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 pounds beef tenderloin steaks (1-inch thick)
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Mix broth, wine, thyme, garlic powder and pepper in medium bowl until well blended. Add mushrooms; toss to coat well.
- 3 Melt butter in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add steaks; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until desired doneness, turning once. Remove steaks from skillet; keep warm. Add onion to skillet; cook and stir 2 minutes or until softened. Add flour and salt; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 5 Pour mushroom mixture into skillet. Boil 10 to 12 minutes or until sauce is thickened and mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Add steaks to sauce; heat 1 minute. Serve immediately.