Bring some summertime fare into the kitchen this winter! Don’t stop at this recipe, chicken, and cheese, you can also use sliced jalapeno peppers with Monterey Jack cheese and cream cheese for a Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Pretzel!
Another variation you could choose to do is chopped tomatoes and Mozzarella cheese, followed by a sprinkle or two of oregano and basil for a great tasting Italian Caprese Pretzel.
For this recipe, you’ll need to know how to make Easy Pretzel Hot Dog Buns, so click here to get that recipe first!
- 1 recipe for Easy Pretzel Hot Dog Buns, uncooked
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups prepared barbecue chicken shreds
- 2 (12-ounce) bottles lager or stout, divided
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sea salt, or other large crystal salt
- 1 Make Easy Pretzel Hot Dog Buns, but stop right after the second rising
- 2 Grease a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside
- 3 Preheat oven to 425 F. Mix chicken with 1/4 cup lager; set aside
- 4 Using a well-floured work surface, knead dough for 1 minute. Divide into 10 equal size balls
- 5 Using your hands, flatten a dough ball out until about 45 inches across
- 6 Place 23 tablespoons chicken mixture in the center, topped with an equal amount of shredded cheese. Bring edge up and pinch to seal
- 7 Form into a uniform ball and transfer to a plate while repeating with the remainder of dough
- 8 Bring remainder of lager to a simmer over medium heat. Placing 3 stuffed pretzels at a time into the lager, roll each so all sides are wet
- 9 After 10 seconds, lift out to drain excess liquid and place on prepared pan
- 10 Repeat with remainder of stuffed pretzel balls. Brush each with beaten egg and sprinkle lightly with salt
- 11 Bake 16-18 minutes, or until dark brown on top. Remove from oven to immediately serve