Bellini Recipe. Created in 1948 by Harry Cipriani at his bar in Venice, Italy, this sophisticated drink was named for the 15th century Venetian artist Jacopo Bellini, a painter Cipriani much admired. Apparently, the wonderful faint pink hue of the Bellini reminded him of a similar shade in one of the artists paintings. The components are fairly simple but when combined, they make an intricate, stylish drink.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma.com
- 1 ripe white peach, pitted but not peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup
- 2 cups Prosecco (an Italian sparkling wine), Champagne, sparkling wine or nonalcoholic sparkling wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 In a blender, combine the cubed peach flesh, lemon juice and simple syrup and blend well.
- 2 Divide the peach puree among 4 chilled Champagne flutes.
- 3 Gently pour in the sparkling wine. Stir gently to combine. Serves 4.