Make this vegan appetizer ahead-of-time to take to your next party! With a base of oyster mushrooms and hearts of palm, fresh lime juice, avocado and other fresh vegetables, this Vegan Ceviche is packed full of fresh and delicious flavors.
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
- 1 cup chopped oyster mushrooms or portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped hearts of palm
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1/2 cup chopped jicama
- 2 chopped Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cucumbers, finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1-2 avocados, cubed
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Crackers or chips for serving
- 1 Create a salted brined water, using about a quart of water, bring to boil.
- 2 Add mushrooms and hearts of palm to bring water.
- 3 Add two tablespoons of lime juice to the water, bring the mixture back to a boil.
- 4 Remove from heat, wait 10 minutes, and drain water.
- 5 Put mushrooms and hearts of palm in the refrigerator, covered, for an hour.
- 6 Once chilled for an hour, combine all other ingredients with mushrooms and hearts of palm mixture.
- 7 Refrigerate combined mixture for 1-3 hours.
- 8 Serve with crackers or chips.