Whether you have beef or venison, this burger recipe is great for summer time grilling. Venison has a unique earthy flavor that blends perfectly with bacon and blue cheese to make this one of the most savory burgers you’ve ever had.
Need a few more burger ideas? Shawn Bailey has you covered with his four-part burger series. Check out this recipe on his latest episode of Game On!
- 1 lb. ground venison (makes 2 or 3 patties)
- 1 slice of bacon diced into small pieces
- 2 sweet onions, cleaned and sliced
- 1 container crumbled blue cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 On a covered frying pan, place the sliced onions on low and allow to caramelize.
- 2 Add garlic and remaining blue cheese until melted.
- 3 Mix burger with salt, pepper, bacon and two tablespoons of blue cheese.
- 4 Make desired size patties (make them a little larger because it’s an open face – no top bun).
- 5 To keep burgers from falling apart while cooking, place thumb print in middle of burger to keep from shrinking as it cooks.
- 6 Place burgers on grill and cook until medium. Remove, cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 7 Serve on open face bun, topped with caramelized onions and bleu cheese crumble.