Go extra wild by adding the bold taste of wild Black Walnuts to wild rice and flavorful vegetables. The rich, robust flavor of American Black Walnuts works especially well in this hearty, slightly rustic side dish.
Why Try? Black walnuts have a deliciously distinctive taste that will impress your family and friends.
- 1/2 cup rice, wild, uncooked
- 3/4 to 1 cup fancy large black walnuts
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 Cook wild rice according to package directions.
- 2 Melt butter in skillet; add mushrooms and sauté 3 minutes.
- 3 Add black walnuts, onions, garlic salt, and peppers; cook for additional 3 minutes or until the vegetables soften slightly.
- 4 Add wild rice, stirring until rice is heated through.