Explore the distinctive flavor of bleu cheese melding with fresh herbs, garlic, and toasted walnuts in this winning butter blend recipe. Makes an incredible steak sauce.
Why Try? It’s the opportunity to prepare a recipe that’ been named a Grand Champion. How can you resist that?
- 1/4 cup bleu cheese crumbles (Maytag recommended)
- 1/2 pound butter, unsalted, softened
- 1 tablespoon chives, fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves, fresh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, fresh, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, fresh, ground
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, toasted, chopped
- 1 In a mixer, whip butter at medium speed until smooth and light. Fold in chives, thyme, garlic and pepper. Beat until combined, about 5 minutes.
- 2 Stir in bleu cheese and walnuts. Beat for 1 minute until well combined.
- 3 Remove butter from bowl. Spoon onto parchment paper. Roll into a log, using edge of baking sheet to form a tight log. Chill for 2 hours before serving. (Makes 2 cups.)