In March we celebrate the creation of the classic Moscow Mule. It grew in popularity back in the 1940s in America, as distillers sought ways to entice Americans to more fully embrace vodka. “Mule” is thought to describe the kick given to the vodka by ginger beer. In this contemporary variation, our friends at Smirnoff Vodka share this Blood Orange Moscow Mule, created by Karly Gomez from A Simple Pantry.
- 1.5 ounces Smirnoff No. 21
- 2 ounces Blood Orange Juice
- 4 ounces Ginger Beer
- ½ ounce Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Pomegranate Arils
- 2 Mint Leaves
- 1 In a copper mug, add the mint leaves, lime juice and vodka.
- 2 Add ice, then pour over the blood orange juice and ginger beer.
- 3 Stir gently and garnish with sliced blood orange, mint leaves, and pomegranate arils.