Blue Bunny Ice Cream Caramel Apples Recipe. An appleicious treat! These may look like caramel apples, but they’re really made from BLUE BUNNY Homemade Turtle Sundae ice cream topped with caramel and praline pecans.
Recipe courtesy of Blue Bunny®.
(See video “how to” below.)
- BLUE BUNNY® Homemade Turtle Sundae ice cream
- 1 Granny Smith apple (sliced thin)
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup praline pecans
- Half sphere plastic dome mold (set of 8 half sphere molds to a sheet)
- 4 skewers
- 1 Scoop ice cream into 8 half sphere dome molds and freeze.
- 2 Thinly slice Granny Smith apple and place one slice on four of the half sphere filled ice cream molds. Remove ice cream from molds and press together two of the half sphere ice cream shapes to make a sphere, making sure that one of each pair has an apple slice on top.
- 3 Make indentations on the top and bottom of the spheres to make them look like apples. Skewer each "apple" and return them to freezer until ready to serve. Drizzle with caramel and sprinkle with praline pecans right before serving.