Bring the goodness of a garden onto your palate – in just one bite – with these simple yet special Bracket Buster Tater Bites that are stuffed with super fresh ingredients to provide both flavor and fun for your tongue – ah!
- 6 potatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk, any kind
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red belle pepper, diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 4 tablespoons toasted sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pierce potatoes with a fork then bake for one hour or until soft. Alternately, place in a microwave and cook for five minutes, turning every few minutes, until tender.
- 2 Allow potatoes to cool a few minutes then cut to create boats, either long-ways in half or zigzag across the midline or, in half short-ways. Scoop out most of the pulp, leaving enough to support the skin to be used as a boat.
- 3 In a bowl, mash potato pulp then adds milk and season with salt and pepper.
- 4 In a skillet over medium-high heat, combine oil and onion, stirring well and cooking for about 4 minutes then add broccoli and bell pepper and cook until broccoli gets bright about 4 minutes.
- 5 Add garlic, sunflower seeds, basil and sesame seeds and stir then cook for about 2 minutes then remove from heat.
- 6 Fill potato skins half full with mashed potato mixture then spoon vegetable mixture on top. Serve immediately or hold warm in an oven.