The perfect breakfast for the holidays, this recipe for a Breakfast Yule Log is from the chefs at The Hotel Saugatuck in Michigan.
The Hotel Saugatuck, an 18-room luxury bed and breakfast in Saugatuck, Michigan that offers stunning views of Lake Kalamazoo and is mere blocks from the vintage reminiscent small-town of Saugatuck, Michigan, and minutes from Douglas.
Built in 1865, The Hotel Saugatuck, formerly the Twin Gables Inn, is the only original mill in the area still standing from the busy lumbering era. It is now comprised of a dozen rooms in the historic hotel and three duplex cottages.
- 12 eggs, whisked
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 bunch kale, de-stemmed, chopped
- 12 slices bacon, cooked
- 1/4 cup water
- 12 ounce bag fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Juice of 2 oranges
- Zest of 1 orange
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2 Line baking sheet (with sides) with parchment paper.
- 3 Lightly spray parchment with non-stick spray.
- 4 Pour eggs onto parchment and bake for approximately 12 minutes or until egg is fully cooked.
- 5 Sautee chopped kale in a pan. Add water to pan, stir occasionally until water is cooked off.
- 6 Remove “egg sheet” from the pan and place on a large cutting board.
- 7 Spread goat cheese to cover the eggs. Layer bacon and kale over the cheese. Roll eggs sheet into a log.
- 8 Cut slices of the log and serve with cranberry chutney.
- 1 Combine ingredients in a saucepan and cook over low heat stirring occasionally until cranberries have broken down.
- 2 Place cranberry mixture in a blender (or use an immersion blender) and blend for 15 seconds.