This recipe is easy to make and filled with the rich history and culture of Mexican cuisine.
Recipe courtesy of Cacique
- 1/2 pkg Cacique® Enchilado - crumbled
- 1 pkg Cacique® Longaniza
- 1 pkg Cacique® Manchego - shredded
- 1/3 cup black olives - sliced
- 6-12 corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup green onions - chopped
- 1/2 cup oil - (for frying)
- 1 can refried beans
- 1/4 cup red chile sauce
- CREMA CHIPOTLE:
- 1 cup Cacique® Crema Poblana®
- 1-2 tablespoons chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- 2 In a medium skillet cook chorizo until it crumbles and browns. Drain if necessary.
- 3 In a large skillet heat oil. Break or tear corn tortillas in big pieces and carefully fry them in oil until golden and crispy. Place on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- 4 Heat refried beans. Spread about half tablespoon of beans on each tortilla chip and place on baking tray. Next, sprinkle chorizo and pour chile sauce over chips. Top with shredded Manchego.
- 5 Place in oven to heat until cheese melts, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven and quickly place on platter.
- 6 Top with sliced olives, green onions and crumbled Enchilado cheese. Serve with Crema Chipotle.
- 7 CREMA CHIPOTLE: Mix Cacique® Crema Poblana® with chipotle chiles in adobo. Refrigerate one hour.