A spicy cheese dip, perfect for entertaining.
Recipe Courtesy of The Vegetable with More.™
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 709, Total Fat: 42.1g, Cholesterol: 106mg, Sodium: 1522mg, Total Carbs: 55.2g, Dietary Fiber: 10.8g, Protein: 32.7g
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 (8 ounce) packages shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 (15.8 ounce) cans BUSH'S® BEST Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Tortilla or corn chips
- 1 Melt butter in large soup pot over medium heat; add onion and saute 8 minutes.
- 2 Add garlic and saute 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
- 3 Stir in flour until smooth; cook mixture, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- 4 Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- 5 Add cheese, stirring constantly over low heat until cheese melts.
- 6 Stir in BUSH'S® BEST Black Beans and remaining ingredients, gently stirring until mixture is thoroughly heated. Serve warm with chips or crackers.