Recipe Courtesy of The Vegetable With More.™
Flavorful sweet potatoes put a twist on classic winter stew.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 10g
Total Carbs: 45.2g
Dietary Fiber: 11.8g
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 jalapeno, minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 pound pork loin, trimmed and cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 (16 ounce) cans BUSH'S® BEST Dark Red Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 Prick sweet potatoes with fork and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes until tender. Set aside. When cool, peel and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- 2 Heat olive oil in large stockpot. Add ginger, garlic and jalapeno and saute until soft, about 2 minutes. Add celery, green pepper and onion, and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 3 Season pork with cumin, salt and pepper. Push vegetables to one side of stockpot and add pork, browning on all sides.
- 4 Add BUSH'S BEST Dark Red Kidney Beans, tomatoes, broth and sweet potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until pork is tender. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- 5 Garnish with a spoonful of relish made from 1 cup chopped pineapple, 2 sliced scallions, and 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro. Serve with hot sauce, if desired.