Once you find a great Caesar dressing, like in this recipe, making a great Caesar salad is no problem. Here, the crunch of the romaine is highlighted by the crispy homemade croutons and creamy dressing.
Why Try? In our test kitchens, we tested many Caesar dressings and this was the hands-down favorite.
This recipe is part of our Valentine’s Day series. See more at the links below.
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup good mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups of Buttery Homemade Croutons
- 1 To make the Caesar dressing, put mayonnaise, lemon juice, Dijon, anchovy paste, garlic, Parmesan, and black pepper in a food processor, and pulse until a smooth, well-blended sauce is formed.
- 2 With the romaine leaves, you can tear them into bite-sized pieces, chop them up, or leave them whole, depending on your preference.
- 3 Toss the romaine in the dressing or drizzle some over a plate of lettuce. Top with Buttery Homemade Croutons.