Cajun spices distinguish this black bean soup for superior flavor.
Recipe Courtesy of The Vegetable with More.™
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 258, Total Fat: 8.5g, Cholesterol: 9mg, Sodium: 890mg, Total Carbs: 37g, Dietary Fiber: 12.7g, Protein: 14.3g
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 3 (15 ounce) cans BUSH'S® BEST Black Beans
- Black pepper
- Shredded cheese
- 1 Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onion, cook 5 minutes.
- 2 Stir in garlic, cumin, chili powder and oregano.
- 3 Puree 1 can of beans, add to pot.
- 4 Add second can of beans (do not puree).
- 5 Drain last can of beans and add to pot (do not puree).
- 6 Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- 7 Add black pepper, to taste. Garnish with salsa and shredded cheese on top.