Create this easy appetizer with Bloody Mary mix brightened by fresh cilantro and lemon juice. You can substitute tomato juice cocktail for the mix. If you are serving only adults, add a splash of vodka to the sauce before adding the shrimp.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma.com
- 3/4 cup Bloody Mary mix
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of Tabasco sauce, or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 36 cooked deveined large shrimp with tails intact about 3/4 pound total
- 1 In a bowl, stir together the Bloody Mary mix, lemon juice, garlic, minced cilantro, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco.
- 2 Season with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3 To serve, arrange the shrimp on a platter, garnish with the cilantro sprigs, and accompany with cocktail napkins and toothpicks for easy serving.