Candy Corn Cookies Recipe – Your guests will be amused by these jumbo kernels of candy corn.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
- 1 cup Butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup Powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1 can (16 ounces) Vanilla frosting
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar or coarse sugar crystals (divided)
- 1 dash red and yellow food color (as needed)
- 1 In large mixer bowl, beat butter, powdered sugar and almond extract until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, beating on low speed to combine.
- 2 Press dough to fit 14-inch pizza pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Using a fork, prick dough every 2 inches. Bake at 325° for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 3 Cut into 12 wedges, then cool completely. Repeat cuts to separate pieces, but leave pieces on pan.
- 4 Spread a thin layer of frosting over cookie pizza crust. To mark cookie for decorating, lightly press a 4-inch-diameter bowl upside down in center of frosting; remove bowl. Lightly press a 9-inch-diameter cake pan upside down in center of frosting; remove pan.
- 5 Place 1/3 cup sugar in each of 2 small bowls. Add food colors to sugars to make orange and yellow sugars. Leave the center circle plain. Sprinkle orange sugar in the 9-inch ring. Sprinkle yellow sugar in the outer ring. Decorate with candy corn as desired.