This no-fail tart is easy to make — just prepare the pastry, top with the fruit filling, and then pull the edges of the crust toward the center for a casual presentation.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
- 3 1/2 cups Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or milk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 can (21 ounces) cinnamon apple pie filling
- 2/3 cup prepared caramel apple dip
- 1/2 cup pecan halves or pieces
- 1 In mixing bowl, stir together Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, cream and butter until pastry dough forms a ball.
- 2 Turn out onto surface dusted with additional biscuit and baking mix. Knead 7 to 10 times.
- 3 Roll out to a 15-inch round. Fold into quarters and transfer to a 13-inch round pizza pan or baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Unfold on the pan.
- 4 Spoon apple filling over pastry. Place teaspoonfuls of caramel dip over apple filling. Sprinkle pecans over top. Fold pastry dough toward center over filling (about 2 inches).
- 5 Bake at 400°F for 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.