Caramel Coffee Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe. A twist on classic ice cream sandwiches, this one is made easy with refrigerated Ready To Bake!™ cookies from Pillsbury.
Recipe courtesy Pillsbury Cooking for Two.
- 1 lb. 2-oz. package Pillsbury® Ready to Bake!™ Big Deluxe Classics® Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ¼ cup hot caramel ice cream topping (do not heat)
- 1 pint (2 cups) coffee ice cream, slightly softened
- 1/4 cup chocolate and/or colored sprinkles
- 1 Heat oven to 350ÂºF. Place cookie dough about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 12 to 16 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute. Remove from cookie sheets; place on wire racks. Cool 15 minutes or until completely cooled.
- 2 Cut six 12x9-inch sheets of foil. Place 2 baked cookies, bottom side up, on each foil sheet. Spread 1 teaspoon caramel topping on each cookie.
- 3 For each sandwich, place about ⅓ cup ice cream in center of 1 caramel-topped cookie; flatten slightly. Place second cookie, caramel side down, on ice cream. Gently press cookies together in center to form ice cream sandwich; ice cream should spread to edge of cookies. Gently roll ice cream edge of sandwich in chocolate sprinkles. Quickly wrap sandwich in foil; immediately place in freezer. Freeze at least 2 hours or until firm. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.