Caroling Kids Cookie Recipe. Kids will love to help decorate these caroling cookies during the holidays.
This recipe courtesy of Pillsbury.
- 1 (16.5 ounce) roll Pillsbury Create 'n Bake refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1/4 roll (16.5 ounce size) Pillsbury Create 'n Bake refrigerated gingerbread cookies
- Round or flower-shaped candy sprinkles
- 40 miniature candy-coated chocolate baking bits
- Drinking straw
- Red sugar
- Red and green decorating icing or gel (or other colors as desired)
- 1 Remove half of sugar cookie dough from wrapper; refrigerate remaining dough until needed. Cut half of dough into 15 (about 1/4 inch) slices. Leave 10 slices whole to resemble carolers' heads. On ungreased large cookie sheet, place 2 inches apart.
- 2 Cut remaining 5 slices in half crosswise to make collars and hats (see photo). For collars, cut half slice into 2 pieces and attach under head. For hats, shape half slice of dough with fingers into hat shape; do not attach at this point.
- 3 Place small portions of gingerbread dough into garlic press. Press to make long, short and medium hair; attach to heads gently. Add hats to top of heads as desired.
- 4 Place candy sprinkles (blue or green) on face for eyes. With drinking straw, poke hole for mouth. If desired, shape small pieces of gingerbread dough for earmuffs. Sprinkle red sugar on cheeks to resemble blush. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
- 5 Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; carefully remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. If necessary, re-poke holes for mouths. Cool completely, about 15 minutes. Decorate hats, collars and faces with decorating icing.