A zesty Super Spice rub for ribs combines cinnamon, paprika and red pepper. This two-step cooking method for baby back ribs produces sweet-spicy ribs that are fall-of-the-bone tender.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving): Calories: 343, Fat: 23 g, Carbohydrates: 15 g, Cholesterol: 92 mg, Sodium: 282 mg, Fiber: 1 g,
Protein: 19 g.
Test Kitchen Tip: Use 1/2 to 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Red Pepper in place of the crushed red pepper.
All Grilling Directions: Preheat grill to low heat. Rub ribs with spice mixture as directed. Wrap ribs with 2 to 3 layers of heavy duty aluminum foil, sealing ends tightly. Grill ribs 1 hour. Remove foil. Brush ribs with maple syrup. Grill ribs 3 to 5 minutes per side or until browned.
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Paprika
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Red Pepper, Crushed
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt from McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
- 3 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix brown sugar and spices in small bowl. Rub spice mixture onto both sides of ribs. Place ribs in single layer in foil-lined roasting pan. Cover with foil.
- 2 Bake 1 hour or until meat starts to pull away from bones.
- 3 Preheat grill to medium heat. Brush ribs with maple syrup. Grill ribs 3 to 5 minutes per side or until browned.