With a balance of salty, sweet and a kick of cayenne, it’s all you crave in a snack wrapped up in a handful of pecans.
Why Try? Many spiced nut recipes have you combine sugary ingredients and then bake, resulting in a sticky mess, but here you can simply toss the components together and have on hand for a snack or a party.
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 On an ungreased cookie sheet, spread out pecan halves and bake for 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
- 3 Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together the rest of ingredients thoroughly.
- 4 When pecans are toasted, toss with spice mixture. Serve or store in an airtight container for later use.