If your house is anything like ours in the morning then you know the feeling of needing a quick breakfast to match your frantic morning pace. This chai spice yogurt blend has healthy old fashioned oats and just a hint of coconut for a perfect breakfast mix that is great for grab-and-go mornings.
- 2/3 cup organic “Old-Fashioned” rolled oats (*not instant or “quick cooking”)
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup organic 2% milk
- 1 tsp loose leaf chai tea
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon warm honey
- 1 Banana
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 Place milk in a small, microwave safe container and microwave on high for 1 minute until hot. Place the loose-leaf chai tea in a steeper and submerge the steeper in the warm milk for 4 minutes.
- 2 In a medium bowl combine the Greek yogurt and honey. Whisk until smooth. Whisk in the chai milk.
- 3 Add the oats and coconut and mix to combine all ingredients.
- 4 Spoon the mixture equally into (2) half-pint sized Mason Jars. Cover with a lid, and refrigerate overnight.
- 5 In the morning, uncover and add ½ cut up banana and 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts to each jar (*if eating both at once; otherwise just add to one jar and save the second for another day). Add more milk if desired and enjoy!