These warm and cheesy scones make an unexpected and welcome addition to any meal. Ideally suited for an Easter buffet.
Why Try? A perfect accompaniment to any meal, these scones are full of flavor. Try them with dinner and maybe even breakfast.
Watch our :90 Seconds in the Kitchen with Chef Cari for full video instructions!
- 1 cup aged Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 cups all purpose flour plus additional for rolling
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, 1/4" cubes
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream plus additional for brushing
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2 Add dry ingredients to food processor.
- 3 Pulse cold butter into dry ingredients to form pea size crumbs.
- 4 Pulse in egg and egg yolk. Approximately two pulses.
- 5 Pulse in milk and heavy cream. Approximately three to four pulses.
- 6 Pulse in Cheddar cheese and chives. Approximately two pulses.
- 7 Flour a clean counter space and your hands. Empty dough from food processor onto floured surface. Knead dough a few times using the heel of your hands. Approximately 10 times.
- 8 Using a floured rolling pin, roll dough to 1/4 inch thick. This should form a round disk that is 10-12 inches wide.
- 9 Use a round cookie or biscuit cutter to cut scones. Place scones onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- 10 Brush the top of the scones with reserved cream.
- 11 Bake for 20-25 minutes until light golden.