Here’s an easy appetizer that brings raves at this food blogger’s events.
This recipe courtesy of Foodierachel.
Click here for an interview with this food blogger.
- 1 package English muffins
- 1 stick butter
- 8 ounces old English cheese (about a jar and a half)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Lowry's seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 foil packet (4 ounces) crab meat
- 1 Start with a package of English muffins, slice the muffins in half and again into fourths. Set aside.
- 2 In a mixing bowl, add: butter (room temperature), Old English cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, Lowry's seasoning salt and kosher salt. Mix until well combined. Add crab meat. Double or triple the crab meat if you like.
- 3 Spread onto muffin wedges - lay it on thick! (It's going to shrink down into the muffin holes when it cooks.) Cover and freeze for about 30 minutes. (You can make these ahead of time - up to 3 days, and just let them defrost for 30 minutes.)
- 4 Broil until browned on top (8-10 minutes), and serve immediately while they're hot! My aunt does the broiling in batches, so as soon as the first batch is devoured a second is coming out of the oven! Enjoy - once you make these, you'll be asked to do it over and over.