This recipe for Cherry-Apple Pie is filled to the brim with delicious flavor, and is the perfect showcase for the Chef’s Planet ovenliner. Protect your oven from spills and be able to create an amazing dessert at the same time. Just follow along with Chef Cari as she walks you through how to do it.
Content sponsored by:
- 1 unbaked pie crust for a 9 or 10-inch deep dish baking pan
- For the Filling:
- 2 cups fresh or frozen pitted cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- zest of one orange
- 3 cups peeled, cored and thinly sliced apples
- For the Topping:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 tablespoons or one stick unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into pieces
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2 Line a 9 or 10-inch baking dish with the pie crust.
- 3 In a large bowl, combine the cherries, sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, orange zest and apples. Toss well to combine.
- 4 In a separate bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, flour and butter. Using your fingers, combine ingredients until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- 5 Pour fruit mixture into pie crust.
- 6 Sprinkle crumb mixture over the top of fruit mixture.
- 7 Bake for 20 minutes.
- 8 Lower oven temperature to 350°F and continue baking until bubbly, the apples are tender, and the crust is nicely browned. Bake about 35 to 40 minutes longer.
- 9 Remove from the oven and let rest for at least 20 minutes before serving.