Recipe courtesy of The Olde Square Inn, Mount Joy, PA
Homemade cobbler is a delicious dessert that goes well with a scoop of ice cream.
Note: This recipe also works well with peaches.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large can sour cherries, drained
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 Melt butter in a deep baking dish.
- 2 Combine sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and milk. Pour over butter, do not stir.
- 3 Put cherries on top of batter, do not stir. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour.