You need only a few ingredients for this incredible homemade cherry cake.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 jar or can of fruit filling (cherry is used here, but any type works)
- extra can of filling if desired
- 1 Mix first 6 ingredients in one bowl.
- 2 Put half of batter in greased 9 x 13 pan, patting it into shape.
- 3 Spread 1 jar or can of fruit filling over it.
- 4 Top with the other half of the batter, loosely packing it.
- 5 Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, then lower to 325 degrees for another 40 minutes or until lightly browned.